Monday, March 23, 2015

°˖✧✝ Recent Outings and Outfits ✝✧˖°


I've took a stand and calmed down from attending weekly meetups lately. There're so many events I want to go to, but I'm learning to manage my time and budget my money. I still make time for an outing now and then though. 

At the start of this month, I attended a small convention arranged by a local college, called MinCon. I'm not really a con goer, but I wanted an excuse to leave out dressed in Lolita without having to spend much of anything.

Blouse and Skirt Set: Metamorphose de temps fille
Blouse (underneath) and Jabot: Bodyline
Accessories: Handmade or Thrifted 

So this set may look familiar. That's because it's the set I bought back in 2014 for my birthday! Look at how pretty it is. I knew it had the potential to produce an amazing outfit. I know I've said this before, but I really love the black colorway for this set! All of its black color makes it perfect for pairing with even more black!

The best thing about this set is how I can retain my Gothic appearance while still being cute. Part of the reason being are the blooming pink roses printed throughout the fabric. Florals are really something I miss in Gothic Lolita.

Most of time I feel as if Gothic Lolitas are expected to retain an elegant and mature presence that eliminates youthful themes. This is due mostly to youthful motifs being thought of having a more cutesy air to them. And cutesy themes tends to be reserved for Sweet Lolitas nowadays. But I can be Gothic while maintaining a cute atmosphere. Did you ever expect a Gothic Lolita outfit with pink? Well, I'm here to tell you that it can be done.  

Oh, and I can't forget about my date, my handsome teddy bear. I wanted to capture the Old School aura of this set, and thought the little addition of a teddy bear would extend my outfit to that level. I've always wanted to carry a stuff animal with me while wearing Lolita. I don't care if it comes off as cheesy. I think it looks adorable. I can finally check it off of my Old School bucket list!
     
I met a friend from my community at the con too!
I love meeting Lolita friends at non Lolita functions.
Look at her cute JSK. She made it herself!
The next outing I wore Lolita to was one with a very close Lolita friend. I was complaining about not having anywhere to go and she came up with the great idea of dressing up for a movie premiere of What We Do in the Shadows. I wanted to see the movie since it came out in 2014, but didn't know that it just debut in the states recently this year.     

What We do in the Shadows is a clever vampire mocumentary
that doubles as a funny comedy!
If you're a fan of witty spoofs and vampires, make your way to see this movie. 

The movie isn't playing everywhere, just in select theaters for a night or two. So the closest theater showing was about two hours away from me by train! Unexpectedly, the theater was very small, which made our outfits a bit of a burden. Though, we wouldn't have had it any other way. Dressing up for themes is really fun, and we had a great time. We fit perfectly! 
  
I'm in love with my friend's outfit so much.
BABY's Maria's Catholic Nun OP looks fantastic
 paired with velvet.

Blouse: Black Peace Now
Skirt: Metamorphose temps de fille
Bag: Patchy
Accessories: Handmade or Thrifted 

In honor of the film, I wanted to wear my new bat themed pieces, my Black Peace Now blouse and Patchy backpack. I really love this outfit and plan on wearing it again for a big event in my community. I can't let such a outfit go to waste. My friend felt the same about hers too. Who knows, maybe we'll both end up wearing our outfits again to the same event. Look forward to a similar photo next month!  

A picture on the train ride home.
The cupcake never made it to my house.

Hey, what's this, a picture of me smiling? I couldn't help it. A group of passengers across from me were making me laugh while I was taking my picture. I tried to keep my composure, but couldn't resist. I kept hearing things like, "Look! That cupcake and her are twins!" or "Do you think she'll split it with us? It's four of us, but that cupcake looks really big." Then they noticed my muffled giggles and tried to make me laugh even more! I'm no good at keeping a straight face. 

°˖✧ 'Till next time


No comments:

Post a Comment