Friday, May 22, 2015

°˖✧✝ Lolita Blog Carnival: Design a Complete Coord for $100 ✝✧˖°

Screenshot from Ruffle Chat on Facebook

I've been wanting to do a price rundown for one of my outfits for a while. And after a post on Ruffle Chat that linked a photo set of people listing the contents and prices of their outfits, my urge to make one grew stronger. But instead of coming up with the most expensive outfit I could, like the photo set sought out to do, I though it would be fun to show one of my cheapest. The post in Ruffle Chat was created in February, but I wanted to wait until I could actually wear the outfit I was planning on using. I ended up wearing the outfit in mid March, but then laziness caught the best of me and I put off making such a post. Though, wouldn't you know it, lemontree11 had planed a similar project, and posted a huge compilation of Lolita's outfits and their costs at the end of the same month! I didn't want to seem like I was bandwagon-ing, so I waited to post mine at a better time. And now, Lolita Blog Carnival has created the perfect excuse for me to do so!
    
You can read about the time I wore this outfit here

The task for the participants of Lolita Blog Carnival was for us to create a coord that's worth $100, but I went a bit over. It's just $8 extra, though. I'm sure you can let it slide this time. And for the sake of the price range, I didn't include any shipping or fees I may have paid for these pieces. Also, as a little note, I listed the Bodyline shoes as $21 because of the JPY to USD currency exchange rate at the time I had bought them. However, they are now $25, which is still a great price for platform shoes.  

So yeah, this is one of my cheapest coords using main brand pieces, if not the cheapest. Though, besides the backpack, I can say that, every other piece is of the cheapest items I have. Hence, this Black Peace Now blouse is the cheapest blouse I own, and the same goes for the skirt and shoes. 

I LOVE hunting for bargains and uncovering deals. My friends marvel at how cheaply I shop for Lolita clothes! I'm thinking about making more post like this one. I have a lot of great deals I'm willing to show.  


Make sure to check out Lolita Blog Carnival!
Lolita Blog Carnival is an online Lolita community of Lolita bloggers who come together to blog about certain topics each week to stimulate further ideas for great blog posts!

If you want to see more $100 coordinates, take a look at these other Lolita blogs:

°˖✧ 'Till next time


No comments:

Post a Comment